Saturday, January 1, 2011

LUCKY 13



13 DAYS!! Only 13 days until we meet our daughter for the first time! WOW!! I can't believe we are this close to leaving. So very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very (there are 13 if you didn't count) EXCITED!

It is difficult to process everything. I have the same flow of emotions every time - excitement that trails off into total FEAR! I go from total excitement to shaking fear of the unknown. The image of seeing her for the first time and moving lovingly toward her and then the she turns and runs screaming into the bush! Crazy? YES. But then again fear is what satan uses to keep us trapped. Last night I was trapped by lack of sleep and a snoring husband. Everything was pouring through my mind. So as my hubby snored like a freight train I went to the Bible because there is NO HOPE in stopping Jerry's nasal challenges. NO, I am NOT saying that reading the Bible will put you to sleep. Although, it does soothe and remind you where your burdens need to be dropped off. In moments like last night God has shown Himself to be so gentle and caring and last night was no exception. Luke 12:32 - "Don't be afraid, little flock, because your Father delights to give you the kingdom." WOW - LOVE IT!! He didn't tell me what would happen, or what to expect, but He told me NOT to be afraid. I can do this one thing... and it solves everything! Whatever happens, I don't need to be afraid. So tonight my project is searching the Bible for any references for SNORING!



Many of you have asked if there is anything you can do for the orphanage. We are planning on carrying some extra luggage that can be LOADED down with goodies that they are needing. I will post a list later as I am waiting on an update list.

No comments:

Post a Comment